Please help us promote creativity by liking our facebookpage and always remember to visit www.museguide.org for the latest news, tutorials and lots more for all creative ones.
I stood at the darker corner enjoying the tension building between us. Jide had been the one doing the talking since, all I did was listen patiently to his endless rants. Though it was true I held most of the blame, I could have just let the consignment slip through easily, especially with the mention of the dare devil Jide’s name, however I was on strict instruction. As a senior officer at the customs, I hardly get field duties as the office works on my desk were ample enough to keep my butt glued to my office’s leather chair. That fateful morning, director James had requested for my presence at that particular spot, because he had a tip that a sponsored consignment would be smuggled through and that the regular presence on that post were unreliable as they could have been adequately bribed to let the consignment slip pass.  Three days after I seized Jide’s consignment, here I am at the horrible presence of Jide, two of his fierce looking men stood beside him and a couple others watched the door and others unknown; hidden, by the car I suppose. I was jeered back to reality by the last sentence from Jide, “make it quick and silent”.
I recalled the murderous look on those men, the death notice in their steps and the killing edges about them. I felt nausea form from my stomach, I didn't keep it back, it was as if, it was my fear that was coming out. As I emptied the smelly, slimy content of my gut on to the floor. I noticed the men staggered back at the smell and look of the vomit. Somehow my regurgitation had cast my wits away from the gloomy walls of my meek heart that caged it. It was my turn to utilise my enemy’s tactics against them-to launch a quick and silent counter attack on them. I reached for the iron wrench just by the window, I rammed it against the first's skull, I heard a loud creak and then a louder thud, and before the second could respond I rammed it against his jaw, in an upper cut direction. A loud moan escaped from his mouth as his lifeless body dropped into the ground.  Jide seeing an imminent danger ran outside asking the two doorway guards to strike me down. One of the men held a gun, I flinched, the whole wits I gathered found a sudden porous escape route as I stood motionless awaiting my death sentence. The man with the gun approached me, he raised his gun aimed and squeezed, I heard a body fall, I knew instantly what was wrong, my body had fell but my zealous spirit was standing, unwilling to fall with the body. However it was the second shot that spoke reality. It was too real a sound for a spirit’s feeble ears, I swivelled my head to examine my environment. I found the bodies of the third guy and Jide on the ground, there were three more shots and two other guards fell and then my hero was there too, slowly sinking to the ground, I was hardly able to thank him for saving me. He stretched his hand reaching desperately for me. He was saying some words, I neared him “Dare, Dare, tell your mum, tell her that wale was here, say…….saii……”
His eyes drooped to nothingness, he was dead.
A week later, as I prepared for visiting mummy back in our home, I began to wonder what story mummy will tell me regarding my dead hero.
To be continued……
Abd-afeez Abd-hamid
Like us on fb www.facebook.com/museguide
Follow us on twitter @museguide
If you’ve got stories or articles to share, or you wish to be a columnist/admin on museguide
Contact us via.
Whatsapp 08155122447
Email museguide@gmail.com
Thank you.

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

If you enjoyed our article, leave a comment.

 
Top